TOM PARKER is a Swiss Recruiting Agency for sourcing and recruiting leading personnel and professionals in Supply Chain, Engineering and Industrial fields.
We are currently looking for a Commissioning Engineer 80-100% (m/w/d), for our client HITACHI ENERGY in Baden Region.
- Carry out the testing & Commissioning Substation automation systems delivered in various locations within and outside Switzerland and actively contribute to the Service Management team of Grid Automation Systems.
- Execute the project commissioning safely following all safety standards of Hitachi Energy as well as customer.
- Reports Hazards, Near Misses at working location back to office for records and further improvement.
- Ensure that customer relations are managed in an optimal way.
- Carry out the commissioning as per the documented process description and checklists. Continuous interactions with the engineering and project management team to carry out the site works effectively. Clearing of open points; to be signed off with customer before leaving the site.
- Report the Site progress & Site plan. Ensure efficient use of the commissioning assets like Test kits, Tools etc.
- Handing over the marked-up drawings to engineering for preparing the As-build drawing and onward submission to customer to close the project.
- Provide actively and regularly feedback to Testing, Project Management, Engineering and Sales in way that ensures re-usage of experience.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of commissioning activities.
- Implement commissioning design changes and provides mark-ups for as-built project documentation.
- Support continuous improvement of project process/product/system design.
- Participate in internal project review meetings and provides inputs on commissioning activities.
- Initiate and monitor risk mitigation plan in one’s area of responsibility and en-sure stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks.
- Coordinate site activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance Certification.
- Provide feedback to the organization to apply lessons learned process.
- Use standard processes to ensure all commissioning activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Apply and improve processes and tools in one’s technical area to ensure effective project delivery.
- Guide Associate Commissioning Engineers and coordinate work with entry level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff. May manage small project teams.
- Representing the commissioning function at project meetings and commissioning review meetings.
- Supporting Project Managers in issuing claims new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.
- Creating work plans for work in own area of responsibility and proactively manages this work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and at targeted cost.
- Preparing project documentation for SAT, FAT as required. Obtaining approvals from utilities for commissioning activities of protection systems main and back up relays including scheme testing.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- minimum 4 years of experience as a commissioning engineer of automation systems and products.
- Knowledge of substation control and protection systems, philosophy principles of applications and concepts. In-depth product knowledge of Hitachi Energy.
- Working knowledge and understanding of protection philosophies.
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols like IEC61850, LON, IEC101-3, DNP etc. Strong knowledge of communication protocols in substations and able to read schematic drawings and identify or locate mistakes problem solving & conflict resolution.
- Proven technical report generation, communication, customer interface skills multi priority and multi-tasking. Analytical and strategic approach.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
Are you interested? Please find my contact details below and don't hesitate to contact me:
+41 (0) 76 505 54 01
Follow TOM PARKER on LinkedIn to remain updated with our News/Jobs in Supply Chain and Engineering: